It is with this HIPAA Compliance training that you will able to understand the HIPAA law requirements and regulation pertaining to HIPAA security rule and provide you with the necessary guidance on how your organization can be HIPAA compliant. This training is updated in accordance to the HIPAA regulation because of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical health which forms a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The training should equip you to take the HIPAA certification test necessary for Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert.
- Business Associates and HIPAA Compliance Officers of Covered Entities
- Health care Managers
- Healthcare Consultants
- Business Associates and Compliance Team members of Covered Entities
- Healthcare Legal representatives
- Software Business Analysts
- Software development Project Managers
- Health care quality assurance and risk managers
We encourage you to call us to discuss your job role so we can recommend the appropriate HIPAA course to meet your learning objectives.
Total Course Duration: 22 hours
Number of Total Slides: 767 slides
Total Chapters: 24
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
Cost of online training and CHPSE certification test: $999 ($1200 with the manual)
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
CHPSE Certification Test Only: $180 per attempt
CHPSE Certification Test:
You are only tested once upon completion of the training. You should have attained the 70% pass mark of the 72 question test for you to receive the HIPAA certification of the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert.
This test should only take two hours whereby in the event you pass the test you can print the certification immediately but if you do fail you will have to pay $180 for a retake.
Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 1 - HIPAA Basics
- Understand the purpose for HIPAA legislation
- Review the HIPAA Administrative Simplification title
- Review non-compliance penalties (civil and criminal)
- Review key organizations associated with administering HIPAA Administrative Simplification provisions
- Review HIPAA-related terminology and definitions
Chapter 2 - Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Understand motivation and drivers behind requiring HIPAA standard transactions and code sets
Chapter 3 - Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
- Examine the ANSI ASC X12 & NCPDP transactions
Chapter 4 - Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Understand the code sets approved for use with HIPAA-covered transactions
- Understand national identifiers that have been adopted or may be adopted to identify entities or individuals in HIPAA-covered transactions
Chapter 5 - HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
- Describe how HIPAA relates to health information exchange
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule
- Review compliance framework
Chapter 6 - HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understand the core requirements, key terms, and concepts of the Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 - Privacy Rule – Organizational & Individual Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities
- Understand Organizational Relationships
- Explain Individual Privacy Rights
Chapter 8 - Privacy Rule – Notice of Privacy Practices
- Understand HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (Notice) and Authorization requirements and how to draft and distribute paper and electronic Notices of Privacy Practices and appropriately use an Authorization
Chapter 9 - Privacy Rule – Uses and disclosures of PHI
- Understand the general rules regarding use and disclosure of PHI
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for treatment, payment, and health care operations
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for public purposes
Chapter 10 - Privacy Rule – Safeguards
- Understand the necessary safeguards to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule security requirements and appropriate privacy practices
Chapter 11 - HIPAA Security Rule - Overview
- Describe the scope of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Understand threats and attacks that make health care enterprises vulnerable
- Define key security terminology, concepts, and categories
- Describe administrative safeguard implementation specifications.
- Describe physical safeguard implementation specifications.
- Explain technical safeguard implementation specifications.
- Describe organizational requirements.
- Describe the policies and procedures standards, as well as the documentation standards.
Chapter 12 - HIPAA Security Rule – Threats and Technology Options
- Identify technical/electronic threats to the health care enterprise
- Explain security technology and electronic protections options that may meet Security Rule and Privacy Rule security provisions compliance requirements
Chapter 13 - Advanced Administrative Safeguards
- Describe the requirements for the Security Awareness and Training standard
- Explain the requirements for the Security Incident Procedures standard
- Describe the requirements for the Contingency Plan standard
- Describe the requirements for the Evaluation standard
- Describe the Business Associate Contract and Other Written Arrangements standard
Chapter 14 - Physical Safeguards Overview
- Explain key steps for a physical safeguards assessment based on the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Chapter 15 - Advanced Physical Safeguards
- Describe physical safeguards requirements
- Review facility access control
- Describe workstation use and security standards
- Describe required and example policies, procedures and practices to reasonably ensure appropriate physical safeguards have been implemented
Chapter 16 - Physical Safeguards – Data & Media Management
- Describe requirements for device and media controls
Chapter 17 - Security Technical Safeguards Overview
- Describe the Security Rule defined Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Access Control standard
- Examine the Audit Control standard
- Describe the Integrity standard
- Identify key elements of the Person or Entity Authentication standard
- Review the Transmission Security standard
Chapter 18 - Security Advanced Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Transmission Security standard
- Examine the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) architecture and its key protocols
- Analyze firewall systems and their role
- Examine Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Describe wireless security requirements
- Identify types of encryption that may be supported by health care entities
- Describe core elements of Windows XP security.
Chapter 19 - Digital Signatures and Certificates
- Explain the requirements of the proposed Security Rule’s electronic signature requirements (not included in the final rule)
- Describe a digital signature
- Describe a digital certificate and its relationship to a digital signature
- Examine the role of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in supporting requirements for digital signatures
Chapter 20 - Security Policy and Standards
- Explain how identifying threats and vulnerabilities impact risk management strategies and the development of appropriate security policies
- Describe ISO/IEC 27002 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards
- Identify factors that impact the development of an enterprise security policy
- Describe security policy documents that address areas, such as acceptable use policies
Chapter 21 - American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Title XIII, Subpart D Overview (HITECH)
- Business Associates New Requirements
- Breach Notification Requirements
- New Privacy & Security Requirements
- Increased Enforcement & Penalties
- Federal Reporting & Resource Requirements
- Compliance Tips
Chapter 22 - The Red Flag Rules & Healthcare
- Red Flag Rule Overview
- State Identity Theft Protection Laws & ARRA Breach Notification Requirements
- Definition of “red flags”
- Identity Theft Protection Program Requirements
- Implementation Tips
Chapter 23 - HIPAA Solutions Part 1
- Risk Analysis
- Audit Program – Annual and Periodic
Chapter 24 - HIPAA Solutions Part 2
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification for Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert:
- Secure Transmission of PHI
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Training – More Than Just an Annual Workshop
- Disaster Recovery/Emergency Mode Operations Plan
HIPAA Privacy Security Training Testimonials
Informaticist / Business Analyst / Surgeon
I want to thank you for providing me with excellent customer service. As a CEO, of a "covered entity" vendor for several Health Care facilities, I am impressed with the level of professionalism offered by the Supremus- On-line HIPAA CHPSE certificate training program. The comprehensive understanding achieved through the on-line presentation and desk reference supporting materials, allowed our company to easily develop and implement the required HIPAA compliance policies and procedures. Overall, I found both the Supremus-On-Line CHPSE and the CHPA ( a mandatory requirement for all my staff), certification training programs to be an investment well spent in this challenging economic times!.
Kavita Wadhwani, CEO, CHPA, CHPSE
With recent changes and challenges I found that getting my certification would help with implementation efforts. In my search for sites with the most affordable cost and great content for understanding the requirements with HIPAA security standard I found that HIPAATRAINING.NET could provide the training and certification I wanted. Thanks Mr. Mehta.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital
I had just changed jobs and I was new to the medical industry. As the new “computer guy” I was the natural choice to fill the newly vacant Privacy and Security Officer role for our practice. I had no idea how confusing HIPAA compliance could be. Where would I start? More importantly, where would I find the time to work, study, and still be a human? I'm glad I found HIPAAtraining.net. With the manual and the online course I could study where and when I had time. It was a comfort to know that I didn't have to take the test until I was ready. Finally, hats off to Bob and the support staff. Answers to my questions were a simple email away and I never had to wait long for a reply. Thank you all for helping me become “HIPAA guy”.
Parker Center for Audiology
After researching all the other HIPAA certifications available I went with the CHPSE course and was glad I did. I was very impressed with the overall comprehensiveness of the training and for a change; there was always someone available to answer my questions immediately either via email or phone call.
Pat Rennert, RHIT, CCS-P
Health Information Exchange Analyst
- I would recommend this course to anyone that is looking for a comprehensive knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security. The course was well organized and flowed from one topic to the next very well. After completing this course I feel confident that I will be able to maintain compliance in my office.
The training I received at HIPAATRAINING.NET resulted in my passing the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) Certification Exam. This credential attests to my related subject matter expertise and is expected to translate into a greater degree of credibility concerning my business related activities in migrating healthcare delivery organizations to a fully digitized, secure, and scalable mode of operation.
S. Vincent Grasso, D.O.
Chatham, New Jersey
The Supremus Group's HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) program was a very challenging experience. The training programs provided covered the full spectrum of knowledge necessary for HIPAA Compliance. As a Security and Network Architecure Consultant, the program challenged my skills and allowed me to attain a certification that will allow me to provide a higher quality of service to my clients and it gives a professional certification to show my mutual investment as a Business Associate.
- I spent a great deal of time reviewing the many programs offered on-line for the various levels of Hipaa Certification and the contents offered in each study program before making my decision to invest in the CHPSE Course offered by The Supremus Group. Not only was I looking for a course that was very detailed in the information but also a company that had national and international recognition. I found both with The Supremus Group! The various subject matters covered in the course did give a general overview but then continued on into very definite details and useful examples in the areas of Hipaa Law requirements for the Hipaa Privacy & Hipaa Security Rule and making your health care organization Hipaa compliant. The course also covered changes in the Hipaa regulations due to the HITECH Act and ARRA which will serve as valuable knowledge throughout my career in H.I.M. The Power-Point slides and the lecturer for the course were both excellent at capturing and holding your attention and the course study book will serve as a great ongoing reference tool. Last but certainly not least there were more than a few times throughout the course that I had questions and there was not one time that they were not answered for me right away after submitting them via email.
- This is an excellent company with an excellent product!
Thank You Bob Mehta and Supremus Group!
Ella P. Gardner
Northern Michigan Regional Hospital
I found the CHPSE online course to be the perfect combination of live lectures with slideshow, book work including review questions and practice test. Any individual who reviews the provided materials will definitely pass the certification exam with no problems. I think every HIPAA Officer would benefit from this extremely informative and useful course. Overall the course was easy to use, materials were very educational and the consumer service was top-notch!
NC State Health Plan
- Our organization completed the instructor-led HIPAA
training in June 2011. We were very pleased with the depth of
knowledge and expertise of the trainer. He provided real life
examples we could relate to and customized the training to
help provide some guidance particular to our organization. For
the non-tech staff, the instructor was instrumental in helping
us understand the more complex provisions of the security
Garry Kornrumpf, CPA, CIA - Director
- As an IT professional and Trainer, I found your online
lectures very helpful and complete. This training and your
templates have been a great help to me in providing compliance
services to my client’s. Thanks again.
Duane Ragland | Systems Engineer
MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, SCNP, CCNA, CHPSE
- I needed a HIPAA training program that would provide a
complete understanding of the privacy and security rules for
my technical team as they built and supported applications in
hospitals as Business Associates. The online training from the
Supremus group provided the detail, accuracy, and currency
that I was looking for."
- It has been nine months since I passed the CHPSE exam. The
exam was challenging to take. However, I felt that the study
guides and on-line training were thorough in preparing me for
the exam. I have been able to utilize the CHPSE study guides
as reference material in my everyday role as HIPAA Access and
Risk Control Manager for my healthcare clearinghouse client. I
recommend the CHPSE certification to anyone who is serious
about obtaining a comprehensive understanding and expertise in
- I am the Controller for a company that provides document
management services to attorneys. As a Business Associate, we
needed to understand how to be in legal compliance with the
contracts we have with Covered Entities as well as the
statutes set forth in the HIPAA laws. The comprehensive CHPSE
class gave me the tools to do just that.
Keri Grimmett / Controller
XACT DATA DISCOVERY
- I am very happy with the CHPSE course. I felt I knew HIPAA
pretty well, but realized there was much more to compliance
that protecting patient charts. I have used the information
provided by you and my instructor to review our policies and
procedures and develop a true compliance program for our
employees. I would not have the confidence to proceed as I am
without attending your class.
- Excellent material and exactly the complete and current
Hipaa training that I needed. I highly recommend the video
training along with the student guide for reference,
- My Instructor for the classroom sessions was very
knowledgeable about all aspects of HIPAA Privacy and Security
and was able to provide extremely detailed coverage of the
course materials. He took the time to provide relevant
examples and to discuss the course content as it related
specifically to our business. In addition, the course manual,
resource CD and test preparation software provided a
comprehensive approach to exam preparation and will continue
to be useful resources back on the job.
- The online HIPAA course was very detailed and informative.
The HIPAA Training and Certification Guide that goes along
with the online course is a great tool, and is a resource that
I will continue to reference in the future. As my
organization's dedicated Compliance Officer, I chose to take
the CHPSE course. I would highly recommend this course to
anyone seeking a comprehensive understanding of HIPAA, and
anyone tasked with the privacy and security of their
Director of Human Resources
- I was quite happy with the quality and thoroughness of the training
course. I must admit I learned a great deal of information which I am
certain will be useful in my day to day work and which will ultimately
benefit the patients, clinicians and organizations that we will work with.
I would certainly recommend the course to anyone who is looking for an in-depth
explanation of the complexities of HIPAA compliance.
Adam L. Kushner, MD, MPH
Founder - Jora Inc.
If you have any questions with
reference to the course or certification test, feel free to
contact us at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call us at 515-865-4591.