This HIPAA Privacy course will help you to understand the HIPAA law requirement for Privacy rule & basic overview on HIPAA security rule and guide you on how to make your organization HIPAA compliant. Our Training also includes changes to the HIPAA regulsation due to Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health ( HITECH ) Act which is part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
Total Course Duration: 12 hours
Number of Total Slides: 353 slides
Total Chapters: 11
Cost: $549 ($749 with the manual)
Chapter 1 - HIPAA Basics
- Understand the purpose for HIPAA legislation
- Review the HIPAA Administrative Simplification title
- Review non-compliance penalties (civil and criminal)
- Review key organizations associated with administering HIPAA Administrative Simplification provisions
- Review HIPAA-related terminology and definitions
Chapter 2 - Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Understand motivation and drivers behind requiring HIPAA standard transactions and code sets
Chapter 3 - Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
- Examine the ANSI ASC X12 & NCPDP transactions
Chapter 4 - Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Understand the code sets approved for use with HIPAA-covered transactions
- Understand national identifiers that have been adopted or may be adopted to identify entities or individuals in HIPAA-covered transactions
Chapter 5 - HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
- Describe how HIPAA relates to health information exchange
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule
- Review compliance framework
Chapter 6 - HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understand the core requirements, key terms, and concepts of the Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 - Privacy Rule – Organizational & Individual Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities
- Understand Organizational Relationships
- Explain Individual Privacy Rights
Chapter 8 - Privacy Rule – Notice of Privacy Practices
- Understand HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (Notice) and Authorization requirements and how to draft and distribute paper and electronic Notices of Privacy Practices and appropriately use an Authorization
Chapter 9 - Privacy Rule – Uses and disclosures of PHI
- Understand the general rules regarding use and disclosure of PHI
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for treatment, payment, and health care operations
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for public purposes
Chapter 10 - Privacy Rule – Safeguards
- Understand the necessary safeguards to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule security requirements and appropriate privacy practices
Chapter 11 - HIPAA Security Rule - Overview
- Describe the scope of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Understand threats and attacks health care enterprises are vulnerable to
- Define key security terminology, concepts, and categories
- Describe administrative safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe physical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Explain technical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe organizational requirements.
- Describe the policies and procedures standards, as well as the documentation standards.